Here is what I'm planning for future updates.
If you want to see a feature not listed here, please use the forum to make a suggestion
You can help with these features development too.
- 0.8.x :
- First public release
- Register ASF on AMO (Addons-Mozilla.Org)
- 0.9.x :
- Compatible with Firefox 3.x
- Link to edit the filters when saving
- Choice between current and last path
- Full filter's path selection when saving
- Dynamic folder creation
- Check the current website URL for domain filtering
- 1.0.0 :
- Add right-click feature
- Get a public area webpage on AMO (Addons-Mozilla.Org)
- Create a new website
- Private browsing compatible.
Prevent a download to store the last used folder if Firefox is in private browsing state.
Thanks a lot to Mozilla developer Ehsan Akhgari http://ehsanakhgari.org/
- Color filtered lines matching the current download when the preference window is open from the saving dialog (visualize matching filters or test regexp).
- Submit to Babelzilla.org
- 1.0.x :
- Create a function to set DownThemAll folder with ASF.
- See if ASF can send the saving path to FlashGot add-on
- get rid of the / / when using regular expression
- Import/export filters and preference to file
- Create a test regexp screen/button when editing the filters.
- Check if it's possible to access the Firefox single click saving script. Could allow dynamic file renaming with single click (actually only possible with right-click, but not available in ASF yet)
- Check if possible to change the saving process so that Mime Type from the Application's tab set to "save to disk" will be filtered too.
- 2.0 :
- Use Sqlite Database to store more options and filter's data efficiently (ASF Will work only starting from Firefox 3.0)
- Add a tab to the filter's creation window to "override default preferences" and set a per filter preferences including:
- Option to set filter's case sensitivity
- Give a name to the filter ? Sort by filter's name in path list ?
- Dynamic folder on/off
- Auto-accept the download (+ only if a filter is found).
- Do not show file explorer and save to... (+ only if a filter is found).
- Include this filter in the drop-down path list? yes/no
- Check the filter's domain with "hosted file domain","current website URL","both"
- Save to the last used folder or into the user defined folder
- Choose to filter the domain with only the domain name or the full file's URL path
- Let the user choose how many previously saved paths are stored in memory (currently only 1), and maybe let the user link them to domains